Saturday, December 27, 2008

Overcoming Fear

I learn from my coach Mr Lim, that one of the biggest obstacle preventing me from taking action is - FEAR.

  • Fear of failure
  • Fear of rejection
  • Fear of disapproval
  • Fear of making mistake
  • Fear of making wrong decision
  • Fear of fear?!

Most of the fear have been with me since I was a little child. Remember how my parents used to tell me, "Don't run too fast if not you'll fall down", "be careful, don't make mistake", "don't anyhow spend your money, money is hard earn."

Once I recognise those fear where no longer valid and they do not serve any productive purpose anymore, I choose to let them go.

Overcoming Fear

Frist Step - Awareness

The first step to overcome fear is to be aware of it. Once I recognise it, then I can overcome it.

Second Step - Acceptance

Accept that fear is a natural protection so that I do not hurt ourselve. If something does not cause me my life, I would tell fear thank you for sharing.

Third Step - Practice being confidence

Like how a basketball player practice his shoot to improve his accuracy, I can also get better by making more mistakes and learning from it. I need more bad experience to make it right.

These simple steps will greatly move me into action. The secret to success is very simple, 'do want most of the crowd fear most'. I'll act in spite of fear, whatever it takes.

No comments: